Friday, July 11, 2014

Workout Inspiration

I started running in the mornings again this week. Note to self: taking two weeks off was a bad idea. I should have been doing something in those two weeks like yoga or riding my bike. But there's no point dwelling on the past. I can definitely tell my body needs to get adjusted to running again but I'm making progress. I also have to watch Bailey more now to make sure she isn't overworking herself due to her bruised heart. We are both taking our morning runs in strides! (Did you get the pun?)

I have to listen to music when I run otherwise I'll just walk the entire time. Music motivates me to run longer or faster depending on the song. I'll tell myself to run until a song ends or to sprint when a certain part comes on. Plus music is a great distraction from the soreness of my body or my lungs when running. My running playlist consists of rap, hip-hop, dub-step and alternative music. Really anything that is fast paced, energetic and that I can listen to loudly. Here's my running playlist that I put on shuffle.

1. Hanging On (I See MONSTAS Remix) by Ellie Goulding
2. Run Boy Run by Woodkid
3. In Distress (feat. Gesaffelstein) by A$AP Rocky
4. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
5. Radioactive (feat. Kendrick Lamar) by Imagine Dragons
6. Pompeii by Bastille
7. White Walls by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
8. Monster by Imagine Dragons
9. Burn by Ellie Goulding
10. Geekin' by Will.I.Am
11. It's Time by Imagine Dragons
12. Killin' It by Krewella
13. Feelin' Myself (feat. Miley Cyrus, French Montana, Wiz Khalifa & DJ Mustard) by Will.I.Am

Another great tool I use for inspiration is workout clothes and shoes. If I think a design is cool or looks cute or comes in some fun colors, I will want to wear it and want to workout. I have a pair of Nike's that are pink and purple for indoor running and a pair that is black and pink for outdoor running. I wore my pink and purple pair basically every day for nine months in college so I think I'm due for a new pair before I go back. Here are a few workout clothes I want to get before going back to school.


I want to get the new Adidas Performer tights in these two colors. The Performer tight is supposed to lift your booty so there's another reason to go out and buy a pair!

 This is the Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit
And this is the Nike Free 4.0

Also on nike.com, you can customize your own shoe. I don't know what shoe or what type I'll get but I know a new pair of shoes and new clothes are always motivation for anything! Plus it makes going back to school a little more bearable. I'm looking forward to getting even more in shape this summer and to have some more fun before Summer ends. I can't believe how fast it's already going. I plan to get a few more things done before I start packing again. Oh, the struggle (it's a good struggle). 

No comments:

Post a Comment