Friday, June 20, 2014

Removing My Wisdom Teeth

Yesterday morning I had my wisdom teeth extracted. The surgery itself was painless, thankfully. But the waiting room and the operation room were so cold. Why do doctor's offices always have to be cold? I'm not really in any pain so I'm thankful for that as well. I don't remember much, everything is kind of a blur. I was really groggy and tired. I slept pretty much all day. And I ate a lot. My surgery was at 8 am so I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight. Not even water. So I was starving after my surgery. But I can only eat soft foods like oatmeal, pudding, jello. It's like a vacation for my teeth. Except it's mandatory considering how sore my jaw is.

I have four days off of work to recover so I plan to get a couple of things off of my list. Like watch the rest of the Pretty Little Liars recordings on my TV. And I want to finish Cloud Atlas, and get started on the rest of my summer reading list. I was at Barnes & Noble last Friday and I bought three more books. I don't think it's possible for me to NOT buy a book when I go to Barnes & Noble. I also want to work on some more of my door decorations for my hall this coming fall. Plus I'm getting my hair trimmed on Monday.

It kind of sucks how sore my jaw is but my friend, Nick dropped off some goodies for me. He dropped off chocolate pudding cake in single cups, chai latte mix, a get well card from our co-workers, and he burned me a copy of his Sam Smith cd. Plus Nick said he would bring me ice cream tonight. Nick is one of the best friends I could ever ask for. This last school year was really difficult because I realized that some of my friendships were fizzling out when I didn't want them to. But Nick and I both agreed that no matter where we are, we will always be friends.

Sorry this post took some twists and turns but it's just some stuff I had to get off of my chest. I'm looking forward to relaxing and taking advantage of these four days off.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Awww :) Cheysta! I'll always be here and a friendship like ours isn't disposable. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I hope you feel better!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete